Serves: 2 – 2 GLs per serving – 7 GLs with a large salad
A slice of this from the fridge also makes a quick and easy snack.
6 omega eggs, lightly beaten & seasoned with low sodium salt and black pepper
115g feta cheese, cubed
200g young spinach leaves
1 onion, thinly sliced
40g black olives pitted and halved
1 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
1. Wilt the spinach in a covered saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze out excess water.
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion for 8 minutes until soft.
3. Pre-heat the grill to medium whilst the onions are cooking.
4. Spread the onions, spinach and olives over the base of the pan.
5. Pour the eggs over the mixture and scatter the feta on top.
6. Set the base by cooking over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes.
7. Cook the top of the frittata under the grill for about 3 minutes, until golden and serve with a fresh green salad seasoned with lemon juice and olive oil.
Find out more about the services I offer here