Serves: 2 – 2 GLs per serving – 7 GLs with a large salad
A slice of this from the fridge also makes a quick and easy snack.
6 omega eggs, lightly beaten & seasoned with low sodium salt and black pepper
115g feta cheese, cubed
200g young spinach leaves
1 onion, thinly sliced
40g black olives pitted and halved
1 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
1. Wilt the spinach in a covered saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze out excess water.
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion for 8 minutes until soft.
3. Pre-heat the grill to medium whilst the onions are cooking.
4. Spread the onions, spinach and olives over the base of the pan.
5. Pour the eggs over the mixture and scatter the feta on top.
6. Set the base by cooking over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes.
7. Cook the top of the frittata under the grill for about 3 minutes, until golden and serve with a fresh green salad seasoned with lemon juice and olive oil.
Monica | Nutritional Therapist | Find out more about the services I offer here
Disclaimer: Run Body Run is an online magazine that shares events and services related to fitness, health and well-being that may be of interest to our followers. Please note Run Body Run is not affiliated in any way with the pages or people whose stories and recipes are shared in our articles. However, this article may contain affiliate links for products that we feature on our Recommended Products Page. We only endorse products we use and truly believe in. If you are interested in any events, products or businesses mentioned, please contact the companies and organisers directly for full information. If you feel that parts of this blog relate to you and you’d like to discuss this further, please get in touch via ad***@ru********.com or fill out the form on our contact page.