A delicious and healthy main meal on its own or serve as a side dish to grilled chicken or fish.
Serves: 2 – 7 GLs per serving
2 tsp coconut or olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 large red onion
1 red pepper
400g tomato passata
1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
1/4 tsp herbes de Provence
2 tsp Marigold reduced salt vegetable Bouillon powder
Freshly ground black pepper and lo-salt to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C.
2. Slice the aubergine in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh with a teaspoon, put the aubergine skins to one side.
3. Boil the quinoa in 1 tsp bouillon stock and 300ml water until cooked (approx 10-15 minutes).
4. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds before adding the onion and cooking for a further 2 mins.
5. Add the red pepper and aubergine flesh, cover and cook until they become soft (approx 10 minutes).
6. Add the passata, herbs, tomato paste, bouillon powder and seasoning and let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Combine the quinoa with the mixture.
8. Lightly brush the outside of the aubergine skins with oil and fill each with the quinoa and tomato mixture. You will not need to use all the filling and can reserve the rest for a light meal the next day.
9. Place aubergines in a roasting dish and cover with foil. Cook in preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes.
10. Serve on their own for a light meal or as an accompaniment to the main meal (e.g. fish).
Nutritional Therapist | Find out more about Everyday Nutrition here
Did you find this article interesting? Visit our other sections Mind & Body, Inspirational Life Journeys & Recipes to read more!
Follow RunBodyRun on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to get notifications of new stories and healthy recipes.
Disclaimer: Run Body Run is an online magazine that shares events and services related to fitness, health and well-being that may be of interest to our followers. Please note Run Body Run is not affiliated in any way with the pages or people whose stories and recipes are shared in our articles. However, this article may contain affiliate links for products that we feature on our Recommended Products Page. We only endorse products we use and truly believe in. If you are interested in any events, products or businesses mentioned, please contact the companies and organisers directly for full information. If you feel that parts of this blog relate to you and you’d like to discuss this further, please get in touch via ad***@ru********.com or fill out the form on our contact page.