Green Tea Poached Cod
Makes 4 servings
3 cups brewed green tea
1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved, divided
1 red or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 sprigs fresh tarragon or basil, plus extra for garnish
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt, divided
4 skinless cod fillets (4 ounces each)
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Bring green tea, onion, 1 cup tomatoes, bell pepper, tarragon or basil, red-pepper flakes (if desired), and 1 teaspoon sea salt to a boil in a 2–3 quart straight-sided skillet. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes.
2. Season cod with remaining salt and pepper and add to pan. Cover and simmer until fish is just cooked through, about 5–7 minutes.
3. While fish is cooking, cut lemon in half. Squeeze juice from one half lemon to yield about 1 tablespoon juice. Cut the remaining half into 4 wedges. Set both aside.
4. When fish is finished cooking, remove and discard tarragon or basil sprigs. Add remaining cherry tomatoes and reserved lemon juice to skillet, gently stirring to combine. Cook just until warmed through.
5. Garnish with fresh tarragon or basil leaves and with lemon wedges for squeezing. Drizzle with oil and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories: 156 Fat (g): 6 Sat. Fat (g): 1 Chol (mg): 45 Sodium (mg): 777 Carb (g): 7 Fiber (g): 2 Protein (g): 20
Core Food Plan (per serving): Proteins: 2.5 ns Veg: 1
Find out more about here