Massage Privacy Notice
Your rights under GDPR
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
- The right to be informed about the use of your personal data and its collection.
- The right of access, namely to see what data is held about you.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate or completed if the information is missing.
- The right to have your personal information erased.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED FROM YOU?
In order to be able to contact you before or after your appointments, the Therapist will require:
- Email address
- Contact phone number
In order to create a safe treatment plan for you, the Therapist will ask you to complete a full health questionnaire prior to your treatment, this will include:
- Illnesses or diagnosed medical conditions (past and present)
- Accidents or injuries you have had or have
- Operations you have had
- Current medication
- If you are pregnant and how many weeks
- If you have any mobility issues or restrictions
- If you are receiving any ongoing treatment
- Any other medically relevant information you may wish to disclose
- Lifestyle questions such as what exercise you do, stress levels, how well you sleep
- Investigative questions about the musculoskeletal problems you are experiencing and the focus or desired outcomes of the treatment
Following a session, the Therapist will make notes on:
Your treatment preferences such as pressure level or anything the Therapist finds relevant to tailoring the next session to meet your needs better including any reactions you had to have a massage.
WHY IS THIS INFORMATION REQUIRED?
To ensure that you can be treated as safely as possible.
HOW WILL THE DATA BE STORED?
All data is held on cloud storage, encrypted and requires a password or fingerprint to gain access.
The information held on you will be retained for 7 years following our final session, in accordance with our insurers record keeping requirements.
Last reviewed – February 2021